|October 14, 2004|
Crowflight Adds Operational Experience With Michael Throssell Joining As Metallurgical Advisor
|TORONTO: CROWFLIGHT MINERALS INC. (TSX-V: CML) has appointed Mr. Michael Throssell as Special Advisor, Metallurgy. Mr. Throssell has held a number of senior management positions over his 30-year career with Inco Limited from 1970 to 2003. His experience includes; General Manager, Smelting and Copper Business (Canadian operations), Vice President, Milling, Smelting and Refining (Sudbury), Mills Manager (Sudbury), Superintendant - Clarabelle (Sudbury) and Shebandowan (Thunder Bay) Mills, and various developmental positions in milling technical and operations supervision in the Sudbury area.|
"Mr. Throssell will work closely with Crowflight's Rick Adams, P. Eng., and Kirk Rodgers, P. Eng., of Micon International Ltd., to ensure that the Bucko Deposit advances efficiently towards feasibility by next year. He will also be instrumental in developing the metallurgical side of the project to the highest standards", stated Mr. Stan Bharti, Crowflight's President and CEO.
Crowflight and Falconbridge Joint Venture
- The joint venture property package covers more than 190 square kilometres of prime Mining Leases and Claims located in the Wabowden segment of the Thompson Nickel Belt, located 100 kilometres south of Inco's producing mines (Thompson and Birchtree) which yielded more than 100 million pounds of nickel in 2003 along the same mineralized belt. The belt has yielded an estimated 4.5 billion pounds of nickel in past production from Inco's producing mines. Inco's current operations at Thompson and Birchtree host reserves reported to be 34 million tonnes grading 2.19% Nickel and 0.15% Copper.
- Both companies are focussed over a 5 year period on outlining significant Nickel mineralization in the Measured and Indicated Mineral Resource categories on all the properties that have the potential to be advanced to reserves in the relatively short term at the known historical occurrences (at Bucko and Bowden) and from new targets - the Bucko-Bowden leases and claims host more than 100 million tonnes of historical resources under 1% Nickel (estimated prior to NI 43-101 standards).
- Crowflight could eventually earn a 100% in the Bucko Deposit by completing a bankable feasibility and arranging the obtaining the financing for the mine construction by 2007. In addition, the Company could earn a 50% in the surrounding exploration properties by financing Falconbridge's exploration expenditures over a 5-year period.
- Crowflight could eventually earn a 100% interest in any new Inferred Resources found outside the Bucko Deposit, by completing bankable feasibility studies and obtaining financing for the mine construction.
- Crowflight and its joint venture partner Falconbridge Limited have already initiated aggressive resource definition and exploration programs on their respective properties - Crowflight at the Bucko Deposit; Falconbridge at the Bowden, Halfway Lake and Resting Lake.
- The 2004 combined budget is $CAN 2.5 million, financed entirely by Crowflight.
Crowflight - The Base Metal Builder
Crowflight is a Canadian junior mining exploration company listed on the TSX Venture Exchange focused on Nickel, Copper and Platinum Group Minerals exploration in the Thompson Nickel Belt and Sudbury Basin. The company currently owns and has under option more than 365 km2 in Manitoba and Ontario, containing three highly prospective properties in the Thompson Nickel Belt - Bucko-Bowden, Resting Lake and Halfway Lake, and six in Sudbury - AER Kidd, Airport Property (a joint venture with Millstream Mines Ltd.), Marble Mountain Option, Copenhagen Option, Mystery Offset Dyke Option and Peter's Roost.
The TSX Venture Exchange has not reviewed and does not accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
Statements in this release that are not historical facts are "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Readers are cautioned that any such statements are not guarantees of future performance and that actual developments or results may vary materially from those in these "forward-looking statements".
For further information:
President and CEO
You can view the Next News Release item: Tue Oct 19, 2004, Crowflight Strengthens Mine Management Experience and Appoints Peter Rowlandson as Special Advisor, Mining
You can view the Previous News Release item: Wed Oct 13, 2004, Crowflight Receives 43-101 Report Confirming Indicated Resources at Bucko
You can return to the main News Release page, or press the Back button on your browser.